(a) Produced by special lamps like mercury and iron are lamps and by very hot bodies like sun.
(b) Properties: Effect on photographic plate, fluorescence, ionization, highly energetic, tanning of the human skin.
- To destroy bacteria and for sterilizing the surgical instruments
- In the detection of forged documents finger prints
- In burglar alarms etc as they can cause photoelectric effect.
- For studying fluorescence
- In the study of molecular structure and arrangement of electrons
- To prevent the food stuff.