Both electricity & magnetism has several uses in daily life. Both have the following common features:
1. Are fundamental & conservative forces of nature.
2. Obey inverse square law.
3. Can interact with other materials through induction.
4. Repulsion is the surest test of both magnetism & electricity.
5. Change in electricity produces magnetism & vice – versa.
By following interchange of symbols the relations of electricity are applicable to magnetism.
1. E (Electric field) ↔ B (Magnetic field)
2. + (positive charge) ↔ N (north pole)
3. – (negative charge) ↔ S (south pole)
4. q (charge) ↔ m (pole strength)
5. p (Elec. dipole moment) ↔ M (Mag. dipole moment)