^Advantages of ac
1. economical than dc.
2. can be easily transformed from low voltage to high voltage or vice versa using transformers.
3. can be transmitted to distant places with comparatively smaller energy losses.
4. can be controlled using choke coils without having appreciable energy losses.
5. can be converted to dc using rectifiers.
Limitations of ac
6. can’t be used in electrolysis.
7. Shock of 220 V ac is more dangerous than that of 220 V dc.
8. Special wires (a combination of large number of thin wires insulated from each other) are used to carry ac due to skin effect.