^Limitations of dimensions
- Dimensional analysis does not give any information about the scalar or vector nature of the quantity.
- Dimensions for v = u + at etc. can’t be calculated in exact form.
- Dimensional formulae of the quantities depending on more than three variables cannot be obtained.
- Dimensional formulae of the quantities involving trigonometric logarithmic or exponential functions cannot be calculated.
- Value of proportionality constant can’t be calculated.
It doesn’t distinguish between the physical quantities having same dimensions.