Electrostatic force has following properties
1. Force on any charged particle situated in its electrostatic electric field is given by
[Called electrostatic Lorentz force
2. This force is independent of direction or amount of their velocity.
3. It acts in the direction of field on a positive charge & acts opposite to the direction of field on a negative charge.
4. Acceleration of a charge particle due to force exerted by the electric field using NSL is
5. Both +ve & -ve charge particle when accelerate under this force always moves in the direction of decreasing potential energy, mathematically this situation is expressed as
Called law of conservative force.
6. Dropping integral & vector sings & rearranging the above relation can be expressed as i.e. a conservative force is equal to negative of potential energy gradient.
7. Loss of potential energy of a system implies equal amount of gain in the KE so that the mechanical energy (i.e. K + U) of the system moving in electrostatic electric field is always conserved (i.e. constant). This is why electrostatic force is called conservative.